THE DISASTROUS TALE OF THE BALDS. CHAPTER 14: FURTHER REVELATIONS

THE DISASTROUS TALE OF THE BALDS. 

CHAPTER 14: FURTHER REVELATIONS 


"You! But... why?" asked Bald Leon

The Creator smiled as he looked down on his restrained grandson.

"Because... I hate you. All of you" 

"But you are one of us? You're a Bald!" 

"I'm nothing more than a plaything. Even YOU have existed longer than I have. I only exist because The Master was jealous of the relationship you had with him, and wanted to experience a father for himself. He created me, and then forgot all about me. You were given everything you needed, a planet, other lifeforms to interact with. AIR! I had NOTHING. I spent three weeks with my so-called Son before he got bored and flew off to the next world, creating more life... more Balds! The world he left me stranded on collapsed without his influence, because he hadn't been bothered to perfect his craft yet, and just kept messing around. Then he disappeared, flying off to his next world now that my home had gotten boring. It rotted from its core. I was stranded on that hunk of rock for thousands of years after the organic life had all died, rotting to nothing and taking the oxygen with it. But he didn't care, I tried sending out a message, and got nothing. But he was busy designing all of his funny little new friends, all with different powers, He didn't bother to give me anything useful, I just can't die. I still need to eat and drink and breathe, do you have any idea what it's like for your body to have absolutely nothing that it needs, but it simply refuses to die? So since he's off fucking around with his latest planetary experiment, I decided to make some experiments of my own to bring him back here so I can kill him myself. I spent decades collecting balds, siphoning their energy for my little project, and just as I was about finished, you turn up in the river Mersey, and all the extra Bald I had planned to use all disappear off with you, or worse! Get killed before they can be useful! So now that I have you, and all you're little friends who you bought a few extra years in one place, I can finally finish my plan"

The Creator stood up and walked to the back wall of the interrogation room. He approached a lever mounted onto the wall and flipped it down, whirring some gears into action.

"BEHOLD! MY MAGNUM OPUS!" shouted the Creator.

The entire back wall of the interrogation room began to slide down into the floor, revealing a floor-to-ceiling glass window hidden behind it. Bald Leon realised that the interrogation room had been placed at the top corner of a large chamber, a room within a room. In the larger room that Bald Leon could now see, there was an enormous round machine, shaped like a thick gear cog, with two large metal silos with pipes leading into the cog. In the centre of the cog was a chair. 

"You may recognise aspects of my machinery. I had one of our secret outposts in North Korea do the initial trials of the experiment, that's how your new friend K-pop Leon came to be"

"Wait... Is that a Bald maker?" asked Bald Leon

"Excellent guess my boy! I see the guidance is finally starting to kick in again hmmm?" replied the Creator

"Yes... It is... What did you do? How did you stop the guidance?"

"Well I couldn't have you asking yourself too many questions, could I? That guidance of yours is an unfair advantage, being able to know everything would have meant you would know I hated you. I developed a technology that could mask my true intentions, and combine that with a compelling story about 'Skinwalker Leon' and the threat he poses, I knew you wouldn't be able to tell what's what... plus, I know how much you wanted to meet me. Your own desires clouded your judgement, that's why you ignored the fact you knew that all "those little missions wouldn't find Skinwalker Leon. If you'd have questioned that, you'd have known he was right under your nose the entire time"

"He's here?" 

"He never left the facility. No one does unless I let them."

Bald Leon began to break down. All his life he had been sure of himself, and he had good reason to be too. The guidance had granted him intelligence, and the ability to know the exact outcomes of every scenario, as well as the ability to read the intentions of others like a children's book. The guidance wouldn't even allow him to fathom the possibility of the guidance being at risk of manipulation, and now that Bald Leon knew he couldn't trust his own head anymore, it was destroying him.

"Tell you what. I'll be nice. I know you've never had to before, but if you ask me anything, I'll give you an honest answer." said the Creator smugly.

"What does the machine do"

"That's simple. At first, the machine simply siphoned Bald energy to give someone Bald powers. a tiny dose of Bald energy completely rewrote K-pop Leon on a molecular level, and he was a human. I'm going to empty those two vats into myself, giving myself an immense amount of Bald energy, enough that even the Master would notice. So he'd naturally feel obliged to come back to earth, and then, with my immense power, I will take his power too, and then... and only then... I will kill him, and take my place as the dominant force in the universe. I've got one test left, I have to test it on a bald, this amount of bald energy could split apart a human, but we of course aren't humans. so this final test to see how a bald would be affected will tell me if it's ready for my personal use"

"and I'm your guinea pig?" asked bald Leon

"Hahaha of course not. The Master has to watch you die, and if you die here that wouldn't be much fun at all. No no no... Bald Jack is the test subject."

"Bald Jack? No, you can't! He isn't a Bald! You'll kill us both!"

"Admirable that you would try and save your friend with such lies. But ineffective I'm afraid. Agent Davidson, tell the men to bring Bald Jack to the machine"

"Right away sir"

Agent Davidson disappeared from the room, and moments later Bald Leon heard a door down in the chamber below slide open, He heard Bald Jack kick, scream and protest as he was dragged to the machine, sat in the chair and restrained. Scientists began to attach varying instruments, tubes and pipes into his skin, as well as a metal bracket on his head, holding him to the chair.


The Creator looked out of the window down at Bald Jack.

"If my calculations are correct. Bald Jack will gain several reality-bending abilities, nothing we can't contain of course. Once we're sure it's safe, we will drain Bald Jack of all of his new bald energy, as well as the stuff he's already got. Then I'll head down there and become a god"

"I still don't get all this. How did you get to earth if you were stranded on another planet? Why didn't the Master reach out to you when he was last here? Why do you think Bald Jack is a bald?"

"In truth boy. I pity you. I hate you for existing and being prioritised over me, and I cannot forgive that, but you have attempted to aid me in my quest, even if you didn't understand where it would lead you. I will not spare you, but I will answer your questions. Your father is a truly evil man. He does everything he does for his own entertainment. You are but one of his many children, although you are unique in the sense you are the first and most like him. His own internal hatred from losing his original universe has led him to form many war-mongering species throughout the galaxy. One such species discovered the rock I had been left on. They took me in, fed me, and nursed me back to health. At first, I saw it as salvation, but once I was healthy they enslaved me and set me to work in their gladiatorial arena, killing aimlessly for a century. Luckily for me, the underclass of their society grew tired of the conditions and rose up. During this revolution of power, I killed all of their leaders, on both sides of the conflict. I had hoped that the collapse of this society might bring my son to me, but he didn't bat an eye. I took raw materials from the planet, creating wonderous machinery, and I scanned the galaxy for his bald energy and found a large concentration of it here on earth. When I got here I didn't find him, but I did find that this planet is infested with his creations. That was in 1898, and since then I have accumulated power and built up the Agency with the distinct purpose of killing my son. When he came here recently, looking for you, We were not ready, and I was not prepared to lose all my work on a chance meeting, I decided to bide my time, and continue my work. And to answer your increasingly irritating question, I think Bald Jack is a Bald because he is one. He shares a signature which is unique to him and a few others, nowhere near as prominent as the Ben or Leon gene, but repeated nonetheless."

"But that isn't possible. The guidance would know, I've known Bald Jack for ages now, and it's always said he was human" 

"Well, then I guess I didn't need to go to the trouble of tricking the guidance if it was getting things wrong already. Davidson! Is the machine ready" The Creator shouted into an intercom panel next to the window.

"Nearly ready sir, Measurements are coming back nominal. It appears proximity to the bald energy containers is already increasing his signature." said Agent Davidson through his own radio.

"Grandad, I'm telling you, you're making a mistake. The Guidance is giving me a real headache over this."

"You don't know the first thing about what we are doing here, so why don't you sit back and enjoy the fireworks" taunted the creator.

"We're all ready down here sir"

"Excellent. Turn it on"

The machine whirred into life and the enormous cog began to slowly turn behind Bald Jack. The tubes filled with colour as they began to filter into Bald Jack's body, one vat emptying out a yellow liquid, and the other a purple liquid. Bald Jack began to scream in pain as the liquid entered his bloodstream, changing his body.

"Begin phase two"

A scientist in the machine room flipped a switch initiation phase 2 of the operation, sending a pulse of electricity into Bald Jack. Bald Jack began to scream in the most inhuman way possible, and then strangely, it sounded as if he was screaming twice at the same time. The ground began to rumble, and the walls of both the chamber and the interrogation room shook. The glass shattered in front of the Creator, who began to look around panicked. The rumbling noise got louder and louder.

"Oh my god. He really isn't a Bald" said the Creator

The interrogation room began to shake so violently that it actually came loose from the corner of the machine chamber, dropping a great height to the floor, and knocking Bald Leon and the Creator to the floor. The fall had freed Bald Leon from his restraints, and he couldn't see the Creator in the rubble. He ran to the machine and tried to free Bald Jack, but the electricity coursing threw his body was too much for Bald Leon, and he was thrown across the chamber, into the back wall, pinned to it by the intense static electricity. The immense rumbling began to sound like a thunderstorm inside of the building, as all lights blew, but the machine continued to spin, faster and faster.

"I'm too late" said Bald Leon

Reality itself split open around Bald Jack, splitting his body in two. Lightning bolts of negative energy began to spill in, vaporising everything they came into contact with, including several scientists who were congregating in fear around one of the control consoles. Bald Leon looked into the void between realities and saw the impossible. He looked into oblivion. The antiverse had opened. 




please follow for more alerts and the next chapter in the balds story

Comments